1. Twelve is my favorite number. It's the day of the month I married my always entertaining husband.
2. I drove in a powder-puff derby and had a great time smashing cars.
3. At one time my parents called me Jill-of-all-trades because I'd had such a varied array of jobs: waitress, store clerk, doctor's office receptionist, vacuum cleaner sales person, toy stocker and sandwich maker.
4. I fell off a horse when I was thirteen and broke my collar bone, but didn't know about the break until a doctor noticed the mended bones when I was having a physical to go to college.
5. I have to have a cup of hot chocolate in the morning or my day doesn't go well. ;)
6. I've skinny dipped at night by the light of the moon.
7. Don't tell my husband, but I do like it when he buys hay equipment for my presents.
8. We never made it to our honeymoon. The car broke down and hubby got a call for work so he went to work to pay for the car's repairs.
9. My favorite dessert is cheesecake.
10. The smell of a horse takes me back to summer days riding the mountain behind our house.
11. I went barefoot all the time while growing up. I'd even walk in the snow to my grandmother's house 50 feet from our house barefoot.
12. I write about the West and Native Americans because I like to write about the strong, the brave, and the injustices.
Award-winning author Paty Jager and her husband raise alfalfa hay in rural eastern Oregon. On her road to publication she wrote freelance articles for two local newspapers and enjoyed her job with the County Extension service as a 4-H Program Assistant. Raising hay and cattle, riding horses, and battling rattlesnakes, she not only writes the western lifestyle, she lives it.
All her work has Western or Native American elements in them along with hints of humor and engaging characters. Her penchant for research takes her on side trips that eventually turn into yet another story.
2008 Perfectly Good Nanny won Eppie for Best Contemporary Romance
2010 Spirit of the Mountain placed 1st in the paranormal category of the Lories Best Published Book Contest
2011 Spirit of the Lake finalled in the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence
2013 Secrets of a Mayan Moon won Winner of the Reader's Crown Award